Essence Healthcare has been awarded an Overall Plan Rating of 5 out of 5 stars from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) in Missouri and Illinois
A 5-Star rating means that Essence Healthcare received top marks for:
- Helping members stay healthy and better manage any health conditions
- Member satisfaction and retention
- Responsive and helpful customer service
About Star Ratings:
Star ratings were created by CMS to give you an impartial view of the quality of the Medicare plans available in your area. Each year, after an intense review process by CMS, plans are rated on a scale of 1 to 5 Stars, with 1 being Poor and 5 being Excellent. Essence Healthcare received a perfect plan rating of 5 out of 5 stars for 2022.
Why Stars Matter to You:
A plan’s overall rating is based on over 50 quality measures in 5 categories. These 5 categories offer great insight into what your experience will be as a member of that plan.
- Staying Healthy — This category exemplifies that having a good health plan can help you stay healthy. At Essence Healthcare, we encourage and assist your doctors in being proactive about your health and well-being. This coordinated approach to healthcare is just one of the reasons we’ve earned 5 Stars.
- Managing Chronic Conditions — If you have a chronic condition, you’ll want a Medicare plan that was rated highly in this category. Essence Healthcare received high marks for helping members better manage their health by making sure they receive the tests and treatments they need.
- Member Experience — The best measure of a health plan is what its actual members say about it. Survey results show that Essence members are highly satisfied with their plan, and their positive feedback directly contributes to Essence’s 5-Star rating.
- Low member complaints — Member satisfaction again plays a large role in this category. CMS found that members of Essence Healthcare had very few complaints about the plan.
- Customer Service — Customer service can really make or break your healthcare experience. Essence Healthcare’s local Customer Service team is consistently highly rated for their friendliness and efficiency in resolving appeals and paying claims quickly.
What’s in it for me?
Because Essence Healthcare has been rated 5 out of 5 stars by CMS, Medicare has approved a Special Enrollment Period between now and November 30th. This gives you the opportunity to switch to a 5-Star Medicare plan right now!